Juanita Molano Parra
Life and Leadership Coach
Juanita Molano Parra helps multicultural, kind, soulful business creators reconnect their work with their passions and values.
Rediscover your Self and cultivate an inner compass based on your values, desires and purpose to move forward in alignment.
Juanita lives in Indianapolis with her husband and two cats, and spends time between Bogota (her home city) and NYC (her dream city).
I am quite good at simultaneous interpretation between English and Spanish. Not just listening to someone speak in one language and then repeating it in the other, but actually interpreting as they talk so it seems as if the two people are talking to each other – without me in the middle!
I have my Colombian family to thank for that. When we are together conversations go really fast so you have to interpret quickly because if you wait they will be on to a different topic by the time you finish.
On my bucket list:
Traveling the Silk Road or across Turkey with the Colombian historian Diana Uribe – her telling of the history of the world is fantastic.
I have learned that magic and possibilities live in the intersections: in the both-and, in the combining of seemingly incompatible pieces of life.
The more I allow myself (and others) to be in those intersections, the more flow, joy, love and abundance I experience.
- Industrial Engineer, Universidad de los Andes, Colombia
- MBA, NYU Stern School of Business
- 10+ years of experience in Corporate Finance (FP&A, Sales Finance)
- Experience in multinational companies in Colombia and the US
- Experience in CPG, Retail and Tech
- 5+ years of experience leading and delivering Leadership Development programs with different organizations
- Professional Certified Coach (PCC) with the International Coaching Federation
- Brené Brown’s Dare to Lead Training
- Accomplishment Coaching Graduate
- Certification in Integrated Consciousness from Soul Focused Group
- Leadership – collaborating with others and bringing others along on your vision; taking risks and having hard conversations
- Business – creating, growing and running a business that works and is aligned with who you are
- Self – wellbeing as the foundation for anything you want to create; the combination of mental, emotional, physical and spiritual wellbeing
- Latin – working both in English and Spanish with latin leaders across the continent
Juanita did a great job helping me find water in a figurative desert. By the end of the coaching, I was able to say that I had accomplished some shorter-term goals and identified long-term goals. When we first spoke, I was jobless in the middle of a pandemic. Having found no remarkable success in career number 2, I was struggling to figure out where to go next. Juanita challenged my skewed definitions of success. and helped me identify how often I was rejecting opportunities before I had even considered them. That I would be published and have more paid writing projects on deck AND be employed by the end of our time together was inconceivable to me at the beginning. - Emily Sachs
I worked with Juanita for 6 months as I was navigating some career transitions, and the experience was fantastic! I found that having a coach was like having a really clear mirror held up to you that helps you clarify your own thinking and see yourself clearly. I highly recommend coaching in general, and Juanita specifically to anyone who is looking to improve their decision making, or just generally needs help through any big life transitions! - Jake Singer
Juanita’s warmth and humor made me feel open and relaxed from the start. She has an ability to ask just the right questions and encourage people to delve deeper without it feeling intimidating. Juanita is also fantastic at following up and keeping people on the ball! The value of coaching for me was Immense! There is absolutely no way I could have been as honest with myself and propelled myself into as much strategic action as I did without this, even as a self-employed person who is used to having to be self-motivated in my work! - Louise Taplin