Nov 15, 2018 | Your Business
Let’s Work to Live Rather Than Live to Work
Over the past ten months or so, I’ve been in the process of redesigning my website and my brand. Needless to say, it’s been an intimidating and illuminating process discovering who I am as a business owner and what that looks like visually.
Many of the questions my designer has been asking me are not much different than the ones I ask of my clients…
- What challenges do we need to solve?
- How do you differentiate yourself?
- What are your project goals?
- What are your motivations?
- What are your barriers to adoption?
I remember when I first started growing my business, I was still working my 9-to-5 so my business was scheduled in during every free moment, early mornings before work, lunch breaks, long weekends. If I had a spare moment, I was working on growing my business.
Let’s be honest here, I’ve always had hardworking tendencies but they certainly became exaggerated given my passion and talent for what I was up to.
It turned into a habit of living to work rather than working to live.
The pattern was exaggerated…. because girlfriend felt good about herself for working so hard! She felt like she was making a difference, was a good person, was making a contribution.
This is one of the reasons why I love working with high performers …
- We come to expect that demanding work ethic and misbalance of ourselves.
- We think it’s ok to shave off time for ourselves to meet a work deadline or one more project.
- We say yes to others at the expense of saying yes to ourselves.
And here’s what I want you to know…
- What I’ve learned for myself and what I know to be true.
- You are MORE than your work.
- It does NOT define you.
- You help others and make a contribution regardless of whether you work a 9-to-5 or a 5-to-9.
And there’s more, here’s the best part…
- As I’ve reclaimed my schedule, I’ve reclaimed my life.
- As I’ve contributed more to me, I’ve contributed more to everyone else.
- As I’ve put more boundaries in place, I’ve broken down more walls.
- As I’ve said no to others, I’ve said hell yes to me.
- As I’ve learned to love who I am, I’ve created far more results.
The time has come to create the life you want.
Oh and spoiler alert, this is my new brand. Stayed tuned in the upcoming weeks for my website relaunch as well as the launch for our transformational retreats to India and to the Dominican Republic in 2019! If you’re interested in the India trip, join us for the Launch Party. You can purchase your ticket here.
If you’ve been wanting to work with me for a while now, consider now’s the time.
I am launching my next Unbounded Potential group coaching program for women next month.
I have just two spots available in my private practice until it is full, after which time my rates will be increasing.
Schedule a complimentary consultation here.
To creating the life you want,
On our Masterminders’ Bookshelf
Get instant access to a curated list of needle-moving books that’s essential reading in the UNBOUNDED Mastermind.
Thoughtfully divided into categories - Health & Wellbeing, Love & Relationships, Money & Finances, Leadership, Spirituality, and more - so you can start creating a foundation for the life and business you’ve always wanted intentionally.
Empathy for Change with Amy J. Wilson
I am so delighted and thrilled to have my esteemed friend, Amy J. Wilson here with us today. Amy is a change leader, community builder, movement maker, and an empathy advocate. She is the author of Empathy for Change: How to Build a More Understanding World, a guide to create positive, compassionate change where we work, live, and play. All of this guides our conversation as we cover the different types of empathy and why they are important, dismantling current power structures and rebuilding them with empathy at the core, prioritizing rest, and so much more. Being empathetic does not mean you lack power, and this episode is going to tell you why – enjoy!
Visit this episode’s show notes page here.