Nov 15, 2018 | Your Business
Catherine A. Wood
Let’s Work to Live Rather Than Live to Work
Over the past ten months or so, I’ve been in the process of redesigning my website and my brand. Needless to say, it’s been an intimidating and illuminating process discovering who I am as a business owner and what that looks like visually.
Many of the questions my designer has been asking me are not much different than the ones I ask of my clients…
- What challenges do we need to solve?
- How do you differentiate yourself?
- What are your project goals?
- What are your motivations?
- What are your barriers to adoption?
I remember when I first started growing my business, I was still working my 9-to-5 so my business was scheduled in during every free moment, early mornings before work, lunch breaks, long weekends. If I had a spare moment, I was working on growing my business.
Let’s be honest here, I’ve always had hardworking tendencies but they certainly became exaggerated given my passion and talent for what I was up to.
It turned into a habit of living to work rather than working to live.
The pattern was exaggerated…. because girlfriend felt good about herself for working so hard! She felt like she was making a difference, was a good person, was making a contribution.
This is one of the reasons why I love working with high performers …
- We come to expect that demanding work ethic and misbalance of ourselves.
- We think it’s ok to shave off time for ourselves to meet a work deadline or one more project.
- We say yes to others at the expense of saying yes to ourselves.
And here’s what I want you to know…
- What I’ve learned for myself and what I know to be true.
- You are MORE than your work.
- It does NOT define you.
- You help others and make a contribution regardless of whether you work a 9-to-5 or a 5-to-9.
And there’s more, here’s the best part…
- As I’ve reclaimed my schedule, I’ve reclaimed my life.
- As I’ve contributed more to me, I’ve contributed more to everyone else.
- As I’ve put more boundaries in place, I’ve broken down more walls.
- As I’ve said no to others, I’ve said hell yes to me.
- As I’ve learned to love who I am, I’ve created far more results.
The time has come to create the life you want.
Oh and spoiler alert, this is my new brand. Stayed tuned in the upcoming weeks for my website relaunch as well as the launch for our transformational retreats to India and to the Dominican Republic in 2019! If you’re interested in the India trip, join us for the Launch Party. You can purchase your ticket here.
If you’ve been wanting to work with me for a while now, consider now’s the time.
I am launching my next Unbounded Potential group coaching program for women next month.
I have just two spots available in my private practice until it is full, after which time my rates will be increasing.
Schedule a complimentary consultation here.
To creating the life you want,
Get the Essential Reading List for Ambitious Empaths
Snag a copy of our favorite confidence-building + intuition-honing business, money mindset, and leadership books to help you embrace a holistic approach to your success. Grab a cup of tea and let's reverse engineer your life, removing the hustle and grind and replacing it with more joy and leisure.
Creating Transformational Group Containers with Kerry Dobson
Have you been thinking of adding a group program to your business offerings (or even investing in one)? This episode of The Prosperous Empath is for you! I’m honored to have Kerry Dobson, a coach who supports authors, coaches, and other thought leaders in crafting & leading their own group certification programs, on the show. After hosting over 100 professional groups in her career, Kerry has so much insight into what makes a group course successful for the leader and the participants via igniting passion and creating long lasting & impactful connections. Just by listening, you can hear the care and expertise she brings to this work. Your programs can be just as transformational as your 1:1 offerings, consider today’s episode as a resource to help you get started on creating your own!
Visit this episode’s show notes page here.
The Prosperous Empath® Podcast is produced by Heart Centered Podcasting.